A mummy makeover refers to rejuvenation surgery to various parts of the body, that may have been affected following pregnancy and breastfeeding.
The most common combination of surgical procedures are to the breasts and abdomen. A breast lift (mastopexy), breast augmentation, breast lift with breast augmentation, breast reduction, various types of tummy tucks and liposuction may be considered. Each of these procedures are discussed at length in the relevant sections of this website.
Following a thorough history and examination, I will make my recommendations regarding which surgery is best suited to your needs, taking into consideration your age, stage in life, surgical safety and goals:
- Removal of excess tummy skin and fat.
- Tightening of the tummy wall muscles (rectus divarication).
- Removal of unwanted scars or some stretch marks.
- Reducing or restoring breast volume.
- Improving the shape of a drooping breast.
- Removing excess fat and skin from the arms and thighs.
Multiple site surgery has advantages in an overall reduction in surgery time, cost and single episodes of downtime. However, the risks of surgery are higher the larger the operation and I will discuss this with you honestly and in detail.
Suitable mummy makeover candidates are women who:
- Feel unhappy with their bodies after having children.
- Do not plan to have more children.
- Have tried diet and exercise to remove excess fat with little or no success.
- Have a healthy Body Mass Index.
- Do not plan to lose a significant amount of weight after their surgery.
- May have excess skin they are unhappy with.
- Would like to improve the appearance of unwanted stretchmarks or scars.
- Would like to improve the appearance of their post-pregnancy breasts.
- Are relatively fit and healthy.
- Have no serious health conditions.
- Have realistic goals for the procedure.
- Are emotionally ready for surgery.